Decision Makers: Conducting Fair, Equitable, and Compliant Title IX Hearings
College campuses need to be well equipped to conduct hearings that are fair, equitable, and compliant. Join Grand River subject-matter experts for our two-part virtual training to ensure that you and your staff are well-trained on issues surrounding due process, sexual violence, and equitable hearing procedures. This training provides attendees with extensive knowledge and hands on practice opportunities to feel confident in their ability to conduct hearings. Whether you are a Title IX Coordinator, hearing officer, hearing coordinator, or need to work through the intricacies of setting up and running a smooth hearing, this training is for you.
This two-day training event is practical and experiential in nature; during the training participants will learn how to conduct a fair, impartial, and compliant process. Day one includes a step-by-step overview of the hearing process and during day two participants will apply their knowledge and practice skills during a mock hearing scenario. Day two concludes with a debriefing session to ensure confidence in bringing the learned skills back to campus.
This virtual event will be held via live webinar over two days. A mock hearing packet will be emailed to participants a week before the training. Attendees are asked to familiarize themselves with the packet and exhibits prior to the training.
Overview of Topics:
- The purpose of a hearing;
- Incorporating both a trauma-informed approach within a due process framework;
- Hearing preparation;
- Setting party expectations;
- The roles of a hearing coordinator, hearing panel, and hearing chair;
- The role of the advisor, and efficiently working with them;
- Hearing Day: managing the room;
- What process is due;
- Live examining and cross-examining;
- Lessons learned from hearings under the May 2020 Title IX Final Rule;
- Technical aspects of a hearing;
- Writing the decision/outcome letter.
Two or More. Two or more attendees from the same institution receive 10% off.
Super Team. Buy Four, Get One Free.
Contact Elizabeth Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your discount code.
*Cannot combine discounts.