Title IX Training
Title IX Training
Compliance with pregnancy protections is a signature issue of current ED enforcement. The coordination of efforts between Title IX and Student Accessibility/Disability offices when addressing a pregnant or parenting student’s request for assistance is key to successfully supporting students and resolving concerns before they rise to the level of conflict and complaint.
This session will:
- Explain pregnant and parenting students rights under Title IX
- Ensure that attendees can identify and implement improvements to their institution’s policies and communications about rights and resources for pregnant students
- Share best practices in responding to pregnant students’ needs, in accordance with institutional obligations under Title IX
- Prepare participants for additional obligations toward pregnant students under the forthcoming Title IX regulations and explain the difference between the current compliance landscape and what’s expected going forward.
This training is ideal for:
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Student Conduct Administrators
- Student Affairs Administrators
- Senior/Executive Administrators
- HR Professionals
- ADA/504 Practitioners
Meet Our Facilitators
Kateeka J. Harris
Kateeka J. Harris, Ph.D., has nearly two decades of experience in higher education at four year and two-year colleges and universities including Title IX compliance, student conduct, multicultural program administration, and undergraduate admissions. Kateeka is a nationally recognized expert in Student Conduct and Title IX Administration and has held leadership positions within the Association for Student Conduct Administration, including President.
Dr. Eugene Smith is a Senior Solutions Specialist with Grand River Solutions. He has nine years of professional experience in student affairs, resource management, organizational strategy, change management, and program development. His experience includes policy and advocacy, diversity and anti-racist initiatives, and academic success programs for low-income and underrepresented populations.
Two or More. Two or more attendees from the same institution receive 10% off registration.
Teams of five and more. Contact us to receive a special discount.
Collective Member. You may receive 20% off each registration if you are a member of a Grand River Solutions Collective.
Contact Elizabeth Brady at email@example.com to receive your discount code.